National Drive-Thru Day is celebrated this year on Friday, July 24, 2020. Drive-thrus have always been a convenient way to grab food on the go, but over the past several months the role of drive-thrus has grown. During COVID-19, many retailers who don’t traditionally offer drive-thru service have expanded to now offer drive-thru or curbside service. COVID-19 has changed many things in our lives, but the drive thru has stayed pretty much the same
Did You Know?
America’s first drive-thru burger chain, Jack in the Box, created National Drive-Thru Day to celebrate America’s love of convenience. Here are a few other interesting trivia facts about the drive-thru:
- People have enjoyed drive-thrus since the 1930s.
- The drive-thru was pioneered in the United States for banking services.
- The drive-thru reached its iconic zenith in the 1950s but has stayed strong through the 60s, 70s and beyond.
- In some states, you can get married in a drive thru chapel.
- In 2018, Chick-fil-A mastered this arena with a 97.3% order accuracy.
- There are 198,337 fast food restaurants in the United States, as of 2020.
How to celebrate National Drive Thru Day:
- Try a new drive-thru or visit your favorite.
- Look for drive-thru day deals. Many drives-thru restaurants will be offering fun specials to celebrate this special day.
- Post your drive-thru photos to social media using the hashtag #NationalDriveThruDay