This Halloween, Maryland Auto wants you to be spooky and safe! There are plenty of ways to have fun while also being responsible. Dress up in your favorite costumes, eat good candy, and carve cool pumpkins!
Here are a few ideas that can help make your Halloween celebration a fun, stress-free night.
- Pineapple chunks (or mandarin oranges)
- Orange soda (or orange juice or Gatorade)
- Whipped cream (or ice cream)
Plenty of games are available for your guests to play to keep the night entertaining! Try pin the stem on the pumpkin, a costume contest, a Halloween scavenger hunt, or relay races.
Want to stay in and have a quiet night? Here are some great Halloween movies to fit the theme of the night!
- Hocus Pocus
- The Addams Family
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
If you’re hosting a party for Halloween, you should be aware of the social host liability law. This law exposes you to liability for anyone who is served alcohol under your supervision and who later injures themselves or another while intoxicated.
If your Halloween celebration does include alcohol, please remember to be responsible getting home. Taking a taxi, Uber, Lyft, spending the night, or carpooling with a designated driver are great ways to keep yourself and others safe.
There are also several regional programs that can get you home safe if you’re not able to drive.
- In the DC area, Sober Ride offers a carpool system to get you home.
- In Baltimore, click here to see options in your area.
- In Frederick, SOS Safe Ride can transport you and your car back to your house.
We hope that these resources and alternative activities help you have a fun and safe Halloween! Stay spooky!