Baltimore, MD — The Uninsured Division of Maryland Auto Insurance has announced that FineFix, the State’s auto fine forgiveness program, will end on July 31, 2021. All remaining account balances must be paid by that date.

In March 2020, in an effort to provide additional financial relief to eligible program participants during the coronavirus pandemic, FineFix allowed active participants to pause their FineFix payment plans until the end of the State of Emergency. During this pause, participants were not placed in a default status due to missed payments. With the State’s ongoing recovery from the pandemic, the Governor has now lifted the moratorium, allowing the FineFix program to resume.

FineFix participants who do not complete their payment plan by July 31, 2021 will default on the program and the 80% of uninsured auto fines that were forgiven at enrollment will be reinstated. Any related vehicle registration flags with the Maryland Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Administration (MDOT MVA), which were removed as part of the program, will also be reinstated. In addition, future Maryland tax refunds may be intercepted by Maryland’s Central Collections Unit to resolve the debt.

FineFix participants can visit for account information and to process payment by credit or debit card. Participants may also contact the FineFix account team between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 800-492-7120 (Option 8 for FineFix).

Enrollment for FineFix ended on December 31, 2019. The resumption of the program pertains only to existing eligible enrollees. New enrollments are not permitted.

About FineFix

FineFix is a partnership between the Uninsured Division of Maryland Auto Insurance and the Maryland Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Administration (MDOT MVA). This program gives eligible Marylanders the opportunity to pay 20% of their outstanding uninsured auto fines and have the remaining 80% forgiven. Eligible participants must have enrolled and made an initial payment by the December 31, 2019 deadline in order to take advantage of the program. Over 23,000 Maryland drivers enrolled in the program during the 2019 enrollment period and have had their uninsured auto fines reduced by 80%, representing over $37 million in forgiven uninsured auto debts. To date, nearly 20,000 enrollees have completed their FineFix payments.

About Maryland Auto Insurance

Maryland Auto Insurance, an independent agency of the state of Maryland, is a mission-driven organization dedicated to reducing the number of uninsured drivers on Maryland roadways. They provide accessible, affordable insurance to drivers who currently are unable to obtain coverage from standard carriers. Maryland Auto was established in 1972 by the state of Maryland to protect its citizens from the risks and costs associated with uninsured driving.

Contact: Cathy Nyce, 301-509-6490, Cathy.Nyce@MarylandAuto.Net